can_use alternatives and similar shards
Based on the "Feature Flipping" category.
Alternatively, view can_use alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
5.9 0.0 can_use VS flipperFeature Flipper, Feature Flags, Rollout Flags, Feature Toggles for Crystal
Do you think we are missing an alternative of can_use or a related project?
🤔Can I use this feature? Hmm, let me see.
CanUse is a minimalist feature toggle/flag for crystal, based on yaml file.
- Add the dependency to your
dependencies: can_use: github: rodrigopinto/can_use
- Require the library on your code base.
Create a file with the features toggle definitions. We suggest to name it as
featutes.yaml, but it is up to you.
defaultsblock is mandatory, as it will be used as fallback when values are not defined on the environment set on
defaults: new_payment_flow: false rating_service: false development: new_payment_flow: true rating_service: false your_environment: new_payment_flow: true
- Configure the environment and the path to the yaml.
CanUse.configure do |config| config.file = "path/to/features.yaml" config.environment = "your_environment" end
- Verify if a feature is toggled on/off
if CanUse.feature?("new_payment_flow") # do_something end
- Enabling or Disabling a feature is simple as
CanUse.feature?("feature_a") # => false CanUse.enable("feature_a") # => true CanUse.feature?("feature_a") # => true
CanUse.feature?("feature_b") # => true CanUse.disable("feature_b") # => false CanUse.feature?("feature_b") # => false
- Install the dependencies.
$ shards install
- Implement and test your changes.
$ crystal spec
- Run fomart tool to verify code style.
$ crystal tool format
- [ ] Allows ENVIRONMENT variables to set/override a value for a key.
- Fork it (https://github.com/rodrigopinto/can_use/fork)
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create a new Pull Request
- Rodrigo Pinto - creator and maintainer
This shard was initially inspired by can_do.