cltk alternatives and similar shards
Based on the "Misc" category.
Alternatively, view cltk alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of cltk or a related project?
CLTK (like RLTK) is: a collection of classes and methods designed to help programmers create languages in an easy to use and straightforward manner. This toolkit provides the following features:
- 2 Lexer generators based on PCRE Regexps from crystals STD Lib and a second faster one based on the crystal-dfa DFA automaton implementation
- Parser generator
- AST node baseclass
- Class for representing context free grammars
In addition, CLTK includes several ready-made lexers and parsers. As well as a serialization mechanism that renders a finalized parser back into crystal syntax to compile it without having to be finalized again at startup (see [exp_lang_repl](examples/exp_lang/exp_lang_repl.cr) for a usage example).
To see what works have a look at the specs or run them with:
$ crystal spec
The Implementation has been strongly altered but the API is compatible to RLTK. The LLVM Bindings has not been ported. Instead crystals own LLVM Bindings were used in
To use the toolkit in your project add this to your application's
dependencies: cltk: github: ziprandom/cltk
See the example languages (and their specs):
- interpreted language EXP_LANG (
- kazoo (
examples/kazoo/chapter 8) with LLVM IR generation
- brainfuck (
- json_parser (
examples/json_parser) example of a linter / xml converter
can be found in the docs directory
- Fork it ( https://github.com/ziprandom/cltk/fork )
- Create your feature branch (git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create a new Pull Request
- ziprandom - creator of the port, maintainer