crake alternatives and similar shards
Based on the "Task management" category
Do you think we are missing an alternative of crake or a related project?
A CRystal mAKE library.
Just a Library
It is not a tool, just a library. It does not provide a CLI tool like
crake. You do learn the library only, not need to learn some tool except for
crystal command because it is the library of Crystal.
I believe this approach is better than another build command. It makes your build script powerful and flexible. And, it makes so possible to integrate another library. Simple is the best.
- Looks like Rake. There are
namespacein this library.
- Use the syntax of Crystal. It's smart.
- Support concurrent build by default.
Add this to your application's
development_dependencies: crake: github: MakeNowJust/crake
Put this code into
require "crake/global" task "hello # say hello" do puts "Hello, CRake World!" end
then you can run:
$ ln -s ./make.cr ./make $ crystal make -- hello Hello, CRake World!
If you want more information, you can run such a command:
$ crystal make -- hello -v INFO (2015-11-20 12:34:20 +0000) ~~> "##toplevel##" starts INFO (2015-11-20 12:34:20 +0000) ~~> "hello" starts Hello, CRake World! INFO (2015-11-20 12:34:20 +0000) ~~> "hello" finished INFO (2015-11-20 12:34:20 +0000) ~~> "##toplevel##" finished
and you can see
$ crystal make -- spec
- [x] Add
- [ ] Add
- [x] Support concurrent build (default.)
- [x] Support colored output (default.)
- [ ] Write more documents.
- [ ] Add more specs and examples.
- Fork it (https://github.com/MakeNowJust/crake/fork)
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create a new Pull Request
- @MakeNowJust TSUYUSATO Kitsune - creator, maintainer