daemonize.cr alternatives and similar shards
Based on the "Misc" category.
Alternatively, view daemonize.cr alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of daemonize.cr or a related project?
Daemonize daemonizes a Crystal process so that it properly runs in the background without needing an active terminal session. This is what many server processes do.
This is a shard of pending pull request https://github.com/crystal-lang/crystal/pull/2375.
Add this to your application's
dependencies: daemonize: github: DougEverly/daemonize.cr
See examples in the examples directory.
require "daemonize" Daemonize.daemonize
Daemonize also accepts file paths for STDIN, STDOUT, and STDERR. Defaults for all are "/dev/null".
require "daemonize" Daemonize.daemonize(stdout: "/dev/null", stderr: "/var/log/errors.log", stdin: "/var/tmp/a_file")
TODO: Write development instructions here
- Fork it ( https://github.com/DougEverly/daemonize.cr/fork )
- Create your feature branch (git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create a new Pull Request
- [DougEverly] Doug Everly - creator, maintainer