Invidious alternatives and similar shards
Based on the "Services and Apps" category.
Alternatively, view Invidious alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
7.8 0.0 Invidious VS Crystal [ANN]Web site to announce new Crystal projects, blog posts, updates and other work activities
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Invidious or a related project?
Invidious is an alternative front-end to YouTube.
Public Invidious instances are listed on the documentation website: https://instances.invidious.io/
- Copylefted libre software (AGPLv3+ licensed)
- Lightweight (the homepage is ~4 KB compressed)
- No ads
- No tracking
- Tools for managing subscriptions:
- Only show unseen videos
- Only show latest (or latest unseen) video from each channel
- Delivers notifications from all subscribed channels
- Automatically redirect homepage to feed
- Import subscriptions from YouTube
- Audio-only mode (and no need to keep window open on mobile)
- Dark mode
- Embed support
- Set default player options (speed, quality, autoplay, loop)
- Support for Reddit comments in place of YouTube comments
- Import/Export subscriptions, watch history, preferences
- Developer API
- Does not use any of the official YouTube APIs
- No need to create a Google account to save subscriptions
- No Code of Conduct
- No Contributor license Agreement
- Available in many languages, thanks to Weblate
Bitcoin (BTC): [bc1qfhe7rq3lqzuayzjxzyt9waz9ytrs09kla3tsgr](bitcoin:bc1qfhe7rq3lqzuayzjxzyt9waz9ytrs09kla3tsgr)
Monero (XMR): [41nMCtek197boJtiUvGnTFYMatrLEpnpkQDmUECqx5Es2uX3sTKKWVhSL76suXsG3LXqkEJBrCZBgPTwJrDp1FrZJfycGPR](monero:41nMCtek197boJtiUvGnTFYMatrLEpnpkQDmUECqx5Es2uX3sTKKWVhSL76suXsG3LXqkEJBrCZBgPTwJrDp1FrZJfycGPR)
Extensions can be found in the wiki, as well as documentation for integrating it into other projects.
Made with Invidious:
- FreeTube: A libre software YouTube app for privacy.
- PeerTubeify: On YouTube, displays a link to the same video on PeerTube, if it exists.
- MusicPiped: A material design music player that streams music from YouTube.
- HoloPlay: Funny Android application connecting on Invidious API's with search, playlists and favoris.
- Fork it ( https://github.com/iv-org/invidious/fork ).
- Create your feature branch (git checkout -b my-new-feature).
- Commit your changes (git commit -am 'Add some feature').
- Push to the branch (git push origin my-new-feature).
- Create a new pull request.
- Log in with an account you have elsewhere, or register an account and start translating at Hosted Weblate.
Feel free to join our Matrix room.
We take no responsibility for the use of our tool, or external instances provided by third parties. We strongly recommend you abide by the valid official regulations in your country. Furthermore, we refuse liability for any inappropriate use of Invidious, such as illegal downloading. This tool is provided to you in the spirit of free, open software.
You may view the LICENSE in which this software is provided to you [here](./LICENSE).
- Limitation of Liability.
IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MODIFIES AND/OR CONVEYS THE PROGRAM AS PERMITTED ABOVE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE PROGRAM TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER PROGRAMS), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Invidious README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.