mint-lang alternatives and similar shards
Based on the "Implementations and Compilers" category
Do you think we are missing an alternative of mint-lang or a related project?
A refreshing programming language for the front-end web, aiming to solve the most common issues of Single Page Applications (SPAs) at a language level:
- Reusable components
- Global and local state handling
- Synchronous and asynchronous computations that might fail
While focusing on:
- Developer happiness
- Fast compilation
The project is in development, we are still tweaking the language and standard library.
There are two bigger applications which can be used as examples / learning material:
- the Mint implementation of realworld.io (~3300 LOC) - DEMO SOURCE
- the old Mint website (~3100 LOC) SOURCE
Read the general Contributing guide, and then:
- Fork it ( https://github.com/mint-lang/mint/fork )
- Create your feature branch (git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create a new Pull Request
Why functions called
fun instead of
You can find an explanation in this issue: https://github.com/mint-lang/mint/issues/55#issuecomment-404886342
Why is the language called Mint?
You can find an explanation in this issue: https://github.com/mint-lang/mint/issues/53#issuecomment-404717310
What makes Mint unique?
You can find an explanation in this issue: https://github.com/mint-lang/mint/issues/70#issuecomment-412324721
This project exists thanks to all the people who contribute.
Thank you to all our backers! 🙏 [Become a backer]
Support this project by becoming a sponsor. Your logo will show up here with a link to your website. [Become a sponsor]
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the mint-lang README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.