torrent alternatives and similar shards
Based on the "Services and Apps" category.
Alternatively, view torrent alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
7.9 0.0 torrent VS Crystal [ANN]Web site to announce new Crystal projects, blog posts, updates and other work activities
1.1 10.0 torrent VS procodile🐊 Run processes in the background (and foreground) on Mac & Linux from a Procfile (for production and/or development environments)
Do you think we are missing an alternative of torrent or a related project?
A BitTorrent client library written in pure Crystal.
Do note that this shard is currently in BETA.
Add this to your application's
dependencies: torrent: github: Papierkorb/torrent
bin/ for example applications.
- Improve architecture
- Improve performance (Seeding is fine, leeching is expensive)
- Smarter leech and seed strategies
- Tons of other things
- The planned BEPs
- More tests (Figure out how to best test networking code)
The index of all BEPs can be found at http://www.bittorrent.org/beps/bep_0000.html
- BEP-0003: The BitTorrent Protocol Specification
- BEP-0005: DHT Protocol (Experimental)
- BEP-0006: Fast Extension
- BEP-0010: Extension Protocol
- BEP-0011: Peer Exchange (PEX)
- BEP-0015: UDP Tracker Protocol for BitTorrent (Except for scraping)
- BEP-0020: Peer ID Conventions
- BEP-0023: Tracker Returns Compact Peer Lists
- BEP-0027: Private Torrents
- BEP-0041: UDP Tracker Protocol Extensions
- BEP-0048: Tracker Protocol Extension: Scrape
- BEP-0009: Extension for Peers to Send Metadata Files
- BEP-0040: Canonical Peer Priority
All entries are in ascending order of their BEP number
- Fork it ( https://github.com/Papierkorb/torrent.cr/fork )
- Create your feature branch (git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Write tests
- Commit your changes (git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create a new Pull Request
- Papierkorb Stefan Merettig - creator, maintainer
The authors of this library are in no way responsible for any copyright infiringements caused by using this library or software using this library. There are many legitimate use-cases for torrents outside of piracy. This library was written with the intention to be used for such legal purposes.
This library is licensed under the Mozilla Public License 2.0 ("MPL-2").
For a copy of the full license text see the included
For a legally non-binding explanation visit: tl;drLegal
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the torrent README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.