vscode-crystal-ide alternatives and similar shards
Based on the "Visual Studio Code" category
Do you think we are missing an alternative of vscode-crystal-ide or a related project?
Crystal IDE provides syntax coloring and error checking to Visual Studio Code.
Crystal IDE is implemented using the Language Server Protocol.
You must have the Crystal compiler installed and on your path.
The goal is too implement all of the currently supported Language Server Features.
- Document Highlights: highlights all 'equal' symbols in a text document.
- Hover: provides hover information for a symbol selected in a text document.
- Signature Help: provides signature help for a symbol selected in a text document.
- Goto Definition: provides go to definition support for a symbol selected in a text document.
- Find References: finds all project-wide references for a symbol selected in a text document.
- List Document Symbols: lists all symbols defined in a text document.
- List Workspace Symbols: lists all project-wide symbols.
- Code Actions: compute commands for a given text document and range.
- CodeLens: compute CodeLens statistics for a given text document. (OK, maybe not this one)
- Document Formatting: this includes formatting of whole documents, document ranges and formatting on type.
- Rename: project-wide rename of a symbol.
The server is currently implemented in Node and shells out to the compiler.
An experimental server (Scry, written in Crystal) is also available on 64bit Linux and OS X.
To use Scry, download the appropriate binary and configure your settings for for a custom backend:
"crystal-ide.backend": "custom", "crystal-ide.customCommand": "/path/to/scry"
- Fork it ( https://github.com/kofno/crystal-ide/fork )
- Create your feature branch (git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create a new Pull Request
- kofno Ryan L. Bell - creator, maintainer