shell.cr alternatives and similar shards
Based on the "Misc" category.
Alternatively, view shell.cr alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of shell.cr or a related project?
Small simplistic helper class for executing shell commands in Crystal:
- run command,
- exit if it fails,
- return STDOUT of the command;
- allow to ignore failure
- return STDERR of failed command.
Add this to your application's
dependencies: shell: github: dmytro/shell.cr
Output of the shell command is available through
methods, numeric value of the exit status returned by the function
Simplest usage of the
If command fails
Shell raises exception, but this behaviour can be
puts Shell.run("command_with_non_zero_status", fail_on_error: false).stderr
- Fork it ( https://github.com/dmytro/shell/fork )
- Create your feature branch (git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create a new Pull Request
- dmytro Dmytro Kovalov - creator, maintainer